February 3, 2020 is the last day you can register to vote to be eligible to vote in the March 3rd, 2020 Primary Elections!! For more information go the the VoteTexas State Government Website or contact Erath County Voter Registration.
To vote in an election you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election date. To change your name or address, a completed and signed application is also required at least 30 days before the election date.
Eligibility for Registration:
To be eligible for registration as a voter in this state, a person must:
- be 18 years of age* or older;
- be a United States citizen;
- not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- not have been finally convicted of a felony or, if so convicted, must have:
fully discharged the person’s sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote; and
•be a resident of the county in which application for registration is made.
* To be eligible to apply for registration, a person must, on the date the registration application is submitted to the registrar, be at least 17 years and 10 months of age and satisfy all the above requirements except for age.
Confirm your Voter Registration Status
You may easily confirm your voter registration status by searching the Texas Secretary of State’s website. If you are currently living in Erath County but are registered to vote in another county, you must be registered to vote in Erath County at least 30 days prior to Election Day in order to vote in Erath County.
Where to Register to Vote
Registering to vote is fast and easy! Simply complete a Voter Registration Application and mail the signed application (at least 30 days before the election date) to:
Erath County Tax Assessor-Collector
Voter Registration Department
320 West College Street
Stephenville, TX 76401
Obtain a Voter Registration Application by these convenient ways:
- Visit the Voter Registration Department located in the Erath County Tax Office in Stephenville and submit your completed, signed form from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- You may fill out a voter registration application online, print it and mail it to the voter registrar in your county of residence. You are not registered until you have filled out the online application, printed it, and mailed it to the Erath County Voter Registrar. Download, Print and mail an application in English or Spanish from Texas Secretary of State’s website,
- Request, via e-mail at email@example.com, and our office will mail a paper application to you. Please provide a mailing address and phone number in your email.
- You can pick-up an application at your local U.S. Postal office, library, high school, Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) site, Texas Health and Human Services Commission and other government offices.